Saturday, June 15, 2013

Demon Bear by Bill Sienkiewicz (2013)

I was fortunate to get on Bill Sienkiewicz’s sketch list at Heroes Con last Saturday and asked if he would do a piece with Demon Bear and Mirage.  Bill’s work on New Mutants overall and the Demon Bear Saga in particular left an indelible impression on me as a young comic reader, so I was thrilled to get an original sketch from the master artist.  “How about 11 x 17?" he asked. “Can you do anything bigger?” I replied. After sorting through the clutter of his Artists Alley table, he found a huge piece of art board and off he went.  I passed by his table many times during the day on Sunday to see Bill’s work in progress on the Demon Bear sketch and watch him work on a number of other amazing sketches.  The final piece is outstanding and it's hard not to imagine the sheer savagery of the Demon Bear's howl when looking at it.

3 comments:

  1. That's an amazing piece! Mind if I share it over on my 1980s blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free, Jason. Keep up the great work with the Marvel 1980s. It's a must-read for me daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks James! And thanks for the kind words. Appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete